Images from our extensive photo collection are available for your purchase.
Call Kim at (320) 762-0382, or email email@example.com for more details.
All fees are shown in U.S. dollars (USD).
- 150 ppi Digital Scan (JPEG Format) – $5
- 300 ppi Digital Scan (JPEG or TIFF Format) – $12
- 600 ppi Digital Scan (TIFF Format) – $25
Possession of an image does not constitute permission to use it. The Society reserves the right to decline permission to publishers or individuals who have not complied with the Conditions of Use. (See below)
- JPEG formatted files under 1 MB or 1000k can be shipped via email.
- Orders sent by email will use the shipping confirmation email as a packing slip or receipt.
- Larger JPEG files and all TIFF formatted files 1 MB will be written to a CD-Rom for delivery.
- For security reasons we cannot copy files onto disks provided by customer.
PPI (Pixels Per Inch) determines the file size and image quality (resolution) of the scan.
- 150 PPI are low resolution scans with a small file size. They are most often used when the image is displayed using a computer screen such as a web page, Power Point presentation, school report, etc.
- 300 PPI are medium resolution scans typically used for print that does not require high resolution such as desktop publishing, newsprint, reports, etc. because the file size of these images can be large and they are not generally used for computer display.
- 600 PPI are high resolution scans. These are used for better quality printing and publishing. The file size is very large.
File Type Option
- JPEG files used from a compression method that enables fast loading of the image.
- TIFF files are created from the raw scan and are used for high quality output and publishing.
Possession of an image does not constitute permission to use it. The Society reserves the right to decline permission to publishers or individuals who have not complied with the conditions of use.
All fees are in U.S. dollars, are charged per image and are for a single use.
|– Personal Use||$0|
|– MN Non-profit/educational use||$0|
|– Brochures and misc. printed material all sizes||$30|
|– Film or video||$30|
|– Merchandise items (calendars, note cards, coffee mugs, etc.)||$30|
|– Public display (lobbies, restaurants, etc)||$30|
|– Commercial on Spec – NO USE is authorized||$0|
- Personal Use: The image(s) will be used only in a private home or office. They will not be displayed in a sales area or reproduced for any purpose.
- Non-Profit: The image(s) will be published, displayed, or broadcast by a Minnesota 501(c)(3) organization. Any profit from the publication, display, or broadcast will go into the account of the non-profit organization and not to an individual or corporation.
- Commercial: The image(s) will be published, displayed, or broadcast in a commercial environment for profit. This includes commercial website representing a person or corporation who sell goods or services.
- Commercial on Spec (speculation): The image(s) will be used for profit-making publication, display, or broadcast, but the final selection of photos to be published, displayed, or broadcast has not been made by the publisher or other creating entity. The request for permission will be made later.
- Public Display: Displayed image(s) in a public environment, such as a restaurant, museum, sales office or reception area.
Print a PDF copy of the Use Form and send to:
Douglas County Historical Society
1219 Nokomis St
Alexandria, MN 56308
The permission to use an image from the collections of the Douglas County Historical Society is granted as long as the following conditions are met:
- Permission must be submitted by using the Use Form. Possession of a Douglas County Historical Society image does not constitute permission to use it.
- Permission is for one-time, one-project use only. The Society retains all rights to the images, and they may not be used for any purpose other than what is listed on the Request for Use Form.
- Commercial users must pay for the use fee in advance of receiving a permission form signed by the Douglas County Historical Society.
- Credit must be given to the Douglas County Historical Society and the creator of the work, if known.
- Credit must appear with the image or on a credit page that indicates the page number and position on the page.
- The Douglas County Historical Society assumes no responsibility for infraction of copyright laws, invasion of privacy, or any other improper or illegal use that may arise from reproduction on any image. In all instances the applicant agrees to hold the museum an its agents harmless against any claims arising or resulting from the use of this image and shall indemnify the museum and its agents for any and all costs and damages arising or resulting from any such authorized use.
- Photographs may be cropped to suit design and layout, but they may not be altered, colorized or drawn upon without a letter or permission in addition to a signed permission form.
- The society reserves the right to decline permission to publishers and individuals who have not complied with these conditions.
In some cases, the Society will request a copy of the publication be donated to the Society.
Please send to:
1219 Nokomis St
Alexandria, MN 56308