The Douglas County Historical Society’s Research Library has many resources for Douglas County history and genealogy. See a detailed list of our research materials by clicking HERE.
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
We will be unable to give tours until further notice. We are happy to take research requests via email at email@example.com or phone at 320-762-0382. If you would like to do research in-person, please call or email ahead to arrange an appointment. Thank you for your understanding.
RESEARCH LIBRARY HOURS
10am – 2pm
Monday – Friday
Research Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be sent to the next available researcher, who will correspond with you directly. Research may also be initiated via telephone, by calling 320-762-0382. If a researcher is available during your call, we will connect you directly. If a researcher is unable to immediately take your call, we will record your request and have the next available researcher contact you.
Research and Fees
Research assistance may be requested by email, phone or letter. Research may also be done on-site in our DCHS Library. Our knowledgeable and experienced research volunteers can assist with your search. Call ahead to check availability, or let us know your schedule.
Research fees may be paid in person, by mail, or over the phone by credit card. (Call us at 320-763-0382 to pay by phone via card.)
Members’ Research Fees
- Membership fees are $30 per year for an individual and $50 for a family.
- Research Fees for Members:
- $10 – On-site research per day
- $15 – Phone research per request
- $15 – E-mail research per request
Non-Members’ Research Fees
- $25.00 – On-site research per day
- $25.00 – Phone research per request
- $25.00 – E-mail research per request
Please contact us directly at email@example.com or 320-762-0382.
Other Research Information
- Experienced research staff members are available for assistance.
- Wi-fi is available for our research guests
- Research request results can be scanned and emailed to you in pdf or jpg format, or sent by US Postal Service – Postage and photocopies are an additional fee.
- Photocopy fees:
- $0.25 per copy for 8.5 x 11 BW
- $0.50 per copy for 8.5 x 11 Color
- $0.50 per copy for 11 x 17 BW
- $1.00 per copy for 11 x 17 Color
The Douglas County Historical Society’s Research Library has many resources for Douglas County history and genealogy. See a detailed list HERE.
Douglas County Historical Society
1219 Nokomis St
Alexandria, MN 56308