Request research by E-mail, regular mail or by telephone, or come visit us in person.
Print a copy of the Research Request Form and mail to:
Douglas County Historical Society
1219 Nokomis St
Alexandria, MN 56308
Request research by phone:
Call us at (320) 762-0382
Or come visit us in Alexandria, Minnesota.
Monday thru Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Our researchers can work with you on-site. Call ahead to check availability, or let us know your schedule. Call: (320) 762-0382.
The Douglas County Historical Society’s Research Library provides a friendly atmosphere for the novice researcher and the experienced genealogist! Our knowledgeable and experienced research volunteers can get you started on all your needs.
Members’ Research Fees
- Membership fees are $30 per year for an individual and $50 for a family.
- Research Fees for Members:
- $10 – On-site research per day
- $15 – Phone research per request
- $15 – E-mail research per request
Non-Members’ Research Fees
- $25.00 – On-site research per day
- $25.00 – Phone research per request
- $25.00 – E-mail research per request
Other Research Information
- Experienced research staff members are available for assistance.
- Wi-fi is available for our research guests
- Research request results can be scanned and emailed to you in pdf or jpg format, or sent by US Postal Service – Postage and photocopies are an additional fee.
- Photocopy fees:
- $0.25 per copy for 8.5 x 11 BW
- $0.50 per copy for 8.5 x 11 Color
- $0.50 per copy for 11 x 17 BW
- $1.00 per copy for 11 x 17 Color
The Douglas County Historical Society’s Research Library has many resources for Douglas County history and genealogy. See a detailed list HERE.