Contribute, Join, Volunteer
Your membership opens the door to opportunity:
- Supports the activities and programs of the Douglas County Historical Society.
- Gives you access to all the resources available in our Public Research Library.
- Keeps you "in the know" with the quarterly newsletter along with updates on current programs and events.
- Helps us maintain and grow our resources and programs.
Levels of membership include:
Governor’s Table: Single One-Year Membership………………………..$30
Governor’s Family: Family One-Year Membership………………………$50
Pledges of cash contributions, with membership benefits, may be paid over a four-year or ten-year period to take advantage of maximum charitable deductions.
- Governor’s Club: FOUR-Year Membership…………………………$1,000
- Governor’s Circle: TEN-Year Membership………………………….$5,000
To learn more about memberships and endowments select either the membership page or the endowments page to the left or call us at 320-762-0382.
Whether you are interested in volunteering regularly, or are available for just an hour or two, there are many opportunities for you to become involved, including, but not limited to:
- Heritage Garden—till, plant, weed, fertilize, harvest
- General Landscape needs—trim, plant, water, foundation plantings
- Typing, filing, data entry, research, sewing, conservation work
- Fund Raising and Marketing work—design brochures, compose, edit material
- Newsletter—design, edit, publish quarterly newsletter
- Genealogy research requests
Contact Kim Dillon for Volunteer opportunities at 320-762-0382.
Gift giving makes the difference
Gift-giving has made the difference in our ability to fulfill our mission to discover, preserve and disseminate the history of Douglas County and its people.
The Douglas County Historical Society is a non-profit organization which relies on your donations to support programs, preservation, research and the Knute Nelson House and Spruce Hill Church. For a quick and easy way to make a donation and support our programs, click on the GiveMN.org link below:
DCHS is now registered with GiveMN.org
Donate While You Shop Online at Amazon:
For every purchase you make, Amazon Smile donates .5% to our non-profit. That comes to 5 cents per $10, but it adds up! Click on the link below to shop at Amazon using this feature.
DCHS also accepts donations of items, documents and artifacts relating to Douglas County History. Information for your personal, business, and organization files are always welcome, as are photos of Douglas County events, buildings, and residents past and present.
All artifact donations are considered by the Assessions Committee. They take into account the item’s relevance to Douglas County History, its condition, if there are other similar objects already in the collection, whether we can safely and reasonably store and display the item, and whether it has supporting information. Supporting information could include details on who made or used the item, photos of the item in use, receipts etc.
From the headquarters of the Society, to the resources and collections, to the endowment and estate gifts, to the grant awards, to the volunteer hours provided by willing workers - we thank YOU for making the difference in the past and encourage you to share your gifts in the future.